What is FirstieReaders?
FirstieReaders is a program designed to assist teachers, paraprofessionals, ELL staff, RTI teachers, homeschool parents and any others individual striving to teach reading to a young child. FirstieReaders is a systematic program. What does this mean? Each text of FirstieReaders is given the same materials and presented to the students in the same manner. This allows for student growth because new routines are not being taught, only new concepts like new texts in this case. The program includes all of the necessary pieces and is designed in a way that allows you to simply print, prep the materials and add in students!
What is included for FirstieReaders Bundled Levels K-L?
This set of FirstieReader books covers Levels K and L. Each reader comes with a detailed two day lesson plan, running record, retell organizer, “Think and Write” practice sheet, comprehension writing and comprehension quiz and comprehension cards. The materials are available in color and black and white. Each reader also comes in an interactive version. These books can be used on any device that uses Microsoft PowerPoint. The above stated materials are also available translated into Spanish.
What documents are in Spanish?
ALL student materials have been translated into Spanish (books, practice sheets, assessments).
What if I don't teach first grade, can I still use these readers?
Yes, these books are great for ANY reader that is reading at a K and L reading level or DRA level 20-24. The books and student materials do *not* say "firstie" anywhere on them so you do not have to worry about using these materials with kindergarten students, second grade students, SPED students, etc.
What is included? Give me the SHORT version!
- 20 FICTION readers (printable and INTERACTIVE FORMATS) *OFFERED IN SPANISH AS WELL 10 Level K and 10 Level L
- 20 scripted lesson plans 10 Level K and 10 Level L
- 20 INTERACTIVE books 10 Level K and 10 Level L
- LOTS more--- see below!
What is included in the bundle?
- 20 simple "print and teach" scripted lesson plans
- 20 running records for the
- 20 easy readers (black/white AND color)
- 20 *INTERACTIVE ENGLISH READERS*
- 20 *INTERACTIVE SPANISH READERS*
- Comprehension quiz cards
- "Think and Writes" for each book
- "Think and Comprehend" sheets for each book
- "Think and Comprehend" quizzes for each book
- "Retell It" graphic organizer for each sheet
- Color and Black/White versions of the student materials
- Helpful video for printing easy readers
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
What titles are covered in this set?
Level L Readers
Bugs, Bugs, Bugs
Baking with Grandma
People at School
Spring is Here
Be My Valentine
Level K Readers
All by Myself
I Scream! You Scream!
Welcome to School
Pets! Pets! Pets!
Washing the Car
**Special note-- you might recognize these titles as the same titles in my Levels I and J readers. Please know that these books have increased in difficulty to make them leveled K and L. Thanks!
I love this packet! Do have additional levels and packets?
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to receive notifications for my newly released packets and upcoming sale? Be sure to FOLLOW ME here on TPT!
**Join my private Facebook Group to join fellow Pre-K, Kindergarten, First Grade and Second Grade teachers that use my curriculum! Collaborate, chat and share ideas with like-minded teachers! Join the private Facebook group H E R E!
Visit my blog Little Minds at Work
Follow me on Facebook