Fish - Classes Agnatha, Chondrichthyes, and Osteichthyes Warm Ups and/or Interactive Notebook Pages.
NO PREP Biology or Life Science Warm-Ups, Bell-Ringers, Exit Slips, and / or Additions to Interactive Notebooks for your unit on vertebrates and the fish.
No gluing, cutting or folding required! Maximize your instruction time!
Please note that this product is also sold in two different bundles of interactive notebook pages and warm ups. You can view the bundles by clicking these links:
Interactive Notebook Pages, Warm-Ups and Bell Ringers for Biology BIG BUNDLE Part 3
ONE FULL YEAR of Biology Warm Ups, Bell ringers, and Interactive Notebook Pages
These warm up / interactive notebook pages are perfect for students in grades 8 - 12. The pages range in difficulty from very basic to more advanced, making these suitable for upper middle school, high school biology or life science classes.
This product includes 30 student pages of biology / life science warm ups or bell ringers for your unit on fish.
How can these be used?
• Warm Ups or Bell Ringers
• Exit Slips
• Additions to Interactive Notebooks
• Homework assignments
• Tutoring and review
• Short daily quizzes
• Perfect for early finishers
• Completed notebook is ideal for semester exam review.
Click here to download a free sample of my warm ups, bell ringers, and interactive notebook pages. The sampler includes pages from many of my warm up units.
Classroom management is a very large part of what we do every day as science teachers, and the first few minutes of a class period can be somewhat chaotic. You can turn this chaotic time at the beginning of your class into an organized time of meaningful learning.
****Included in this product:
• 30 warm-up or bell-ringer activities (30 pages)
• Complete answer keys (30 Teacher Answer Pages)
• 5-page Teacher Guide
• Editable Template for creating your own warm-ups.
• Editable templates for starting your own interactive, warm up notebooks.
The pages are printed landscape style. The pages look best if printed in color, but also look great if printed in black/white. Each activity is one-half page in size. Two identical warm-ups are printed per page in order to conserve paper. These half-page activities can be collected and quickly graded, or you might want to have your students keep a daily warm-up notebook. These warm-ups will make excellent additions to your interactive notebooks.
The 30 student pages include the following titles:
• Characteristics of Chordates 1
• Characteristics of Chordates 2
• Classification of Chordates
• The Vertebrates
• Overview of Vertebrate Classes
• Evolution of Vertebrates
• Vertebrate Body Systems 1
• Vertebrate Body Systems 2
• Name That Body System!
• Life in the Water
• Class Agnatha
• Class Chondrichthyes 1
• Class Chondrichthyes 2
• Class Osteichthyes
• External Fish Anatomy 1
• External Fish Anatomy 2
• External Fish Anatomy 3
• Internal Fish Anatomy 1
• Internal Fish Anatomy 2
• Internal Fish Anatomy 3
• Internal Fish Anatomy 4
• Internal Fish Anatomy 5
• Internal Fish Anatomy 6
• Thinking Critically About Fish
• Review: What’s the Relationship?
• Review the Vocabulary!
• Review: Multiple Choice
• Review: Fill in the Blanks
• Review: True and False
• Review: Short Answer
The above titles will cover the following information:
• The phylum Chordata: Characteristics of the phylum, examples of animals belonging to the phylum.
• Students will label the four chordate characteristics on a drawing.
• Three subphyla of the phylum Chordata: Cephalochordata, Urochordata, and Vertebrata.
• Notochord, dorsal nerve cord, pharyngeal pouches, post anal tail.
• Classification of Chordates.
• The Vertebrates: Characteristics, the endoskeleton, classes belonging to the subphylum Vertebrata.
• Evolution of Vertebrates.
• Overview of Vertebrate Body Systems.
• Life in the Water: Characteristics of the aquatic body plan, gas exchange, maintaining homeostasis in salt and fresh water.
• Class Agnatha: Examples, characteristics.
• Class Chondrichthyes: Examples, characteristics, the cartilage skeleton, jaws, placoid scales, basking sharks, rays, skates, location of prey.
• Class Osteichthyes: Examples, characteristics, key features of the bony fishes, swim bladder, paired fins, lobe-finned fishes, ray-finned fishes.
• Students will label a drawing showing the external features of a fish and describe the functions: Scales, dorsal fins, caudal fin, anal fin, pectoral fins, pelvic fins, operculum.
• Students will label a drawing showing the internal structures of a fish.
• Body systems of the fish: Skeletal, digestive, circulatory, respiratory, excretory and nervous systems are covered.
• Thinking critically: Critical thinking and problem solving questions about fish.
• 6 pages of review: Multiple Choice, Fill in the Blank, Review the Vocabulary, What’s the Relationship, Short Answer and Modified True/False.
Click these links to view other available units:
Introduction to Science Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Cell Structure, Function, and Physiology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Ecology Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Genetics Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
DNA, RNA and Protein Synthesis Warm Ups and Bell Ringers
Evolution and Classification Warm Ups
Viruses and Bacteria Interactive Notebook Pages or Warm Ups
Interactive Notebooks Big Bundled Set Part 1
The Fungi: Interactive Notebook and Warm Up Pages
Protista Kingdom Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: An Introduction Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Skeletal, Muscular and Integumentary Systems
The Human Body: Circulatory System Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
The Human Body: Respiratory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Digestive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Excretory System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Immune System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Nervous System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Endocrine System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Reproductive System Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Human Body: Drugs
The Human Body BIG BUNDLED set of Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
Plant Evolution and Classification Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Structure and Function Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Plant Reproduction and Plant Response Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 2
Introduction to Animals Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Porifera and Cnidaria Warm Ups and Interactive Notebooks
Platyhelminthes and Nematoda Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Phylum Mollusca and Phylum Annelida
Phylum Echinodermata Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Amphibians: Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Reptiles Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
Class Aves - The Birds Warm Ups and Interactive Notebook Pages
The Mammals ~ Warm Ups, Bell Ringers, Interactive Notebook Pages
Animal Behavior Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups
No Prep Interactive Notebook Pages and Warm Ups Big Bundle 3
In this time saving classroom management strategy, all you have to do is print the pages, cut them in half and put your students to work.
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
Science Stuff Blog
My Facebook Page
Amy Brown (Science Stuff)