Writing, Math and Language Arts activities: This unit is also part of my Spring Savings Bundle of 3.
This is one of my favorite spring and summer writing units! Included are planners, tips, and printables for three genres of writing: narrative, informational and opinion – PLUS! - two ELA activities and two math activities designed around a fishing theme, and an easy and cute fishy glyph craft that can be used as a math activity.
In this unit you’ll find:
- pre-writing web and “doodle and draw” sheet
- narrative writing: plan sheets focusing on story elements and writing booklet
- informational writing: foldable to write a “how to” piece
- opinion writing: plan sheet with space for four reasons and supporting details
- 3 different writing papers, with a variety of lines
- list of writing topics and classroom tips for all three genres
- “Scoot” activity to practice identifying and choosing between adjectives and adverbs
- Sorting activity with nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs (also reviews ABC order)
- measurement center to practice measuring with inches and centimeters
-2 different “Ask and Graph” activities (with follow-up questions) focusing on bar graphs and pictographs
- line plot activity sheet
- directions, templates, data sheet and questions, along with helpful hints from the classroom and photos of student-created glyphs
Common Core Standards:
ELA: L.1.1f, L.2.1e
Writing: W.1.1, W.1.2, W.1.3, W.2.1, W.2.2, W.2.3
Math: 1.MD.C4, 1.OA.A1, 2.MD.A3, 2.MD.D10, 2.OA.A1
Looking for more spring and summer themed activity bundles?
Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring Writing
Rockin’ Robins – a nonfiction mini unit
Thanks for stopping by! ~ Lisa, Second Grade Stories