Supporting Indigenous Resources for Inclusive Learning for Elementary School Students
This learning resource has SIX different activities to support the story, Fishing with Grandma. It uses comprehension strategies: Connection, Visualization and Summary
PLUS a Sensory Writing Activity
This No-Prep unit is developed to support a single read aloud copy. There is zero prep needed (other than photocopying.)
The activities that support this unit are perfect for students between Grade 2 and Grade 4 and could be used to guide discussions for Kindergartens and Grade 1.
This unit supports the following BC Curriculum Language Arts 'Big Ideas':
- Language and story can be a source of creativity and joy
- Stories and other texts connect us to ourselves, our families, and our communities
- Stories and other texts can be shared through pictures and words
- Everyone has a unique story to share
- Curiosity and wonder lead us to new discoveries about ourselves and the world around us
Other Unit Suggestions:
To obtain a copy of this book and others like it, I recommend checking out Strong Nations, an online bookstore supplying indigenous books. Not only do they have an extensive selection, they provide themed book bundles for all age ranges.