Fist to Five
Have your students share their understanding of a concept using the Fist of Five strategy. You can quickly assess students by saying "Show me your fist to five" and having each student hold up their fingers.
1. Fist to Five 1 Page Chart- Practice
2. Fist to Five 1 Page Chart- Practise
3. Fist to Five Sign
4. Fist- I don't understand.
5. 1 Finger- I need help.
6. 2 Fingers- I could use more practice.
7. 2 Fingers- I could use more practise.
8. 3 Fingers- I get it but am not completely comfortable.
9. 4 Fingers- I get it.
10. 5 Fingers- I get it and can teach it to someone else.