THIS PRODUCT WAS REVISED IN NOVEMBER 2013!
The five literacy centers in this resource are based on the letters in the word PUMPKIN. When students complete these literacy centers, they definitely will be able to spell the word PUMPKIN!
The five activities are
1. Original pumpkin life cycle story with real life photographs with sequencing recording sheet.
2. EASY to sing song that teaches children to spell PUMPKIN. Letter cards and a beginning sound match activity for the letters in pumpkin
3. Pumpkin, pumpkin What Will you Be? Emergent reader and writing activity in 2 levels.
4. Word family sorting activity. The word family endings are: AN, AT, EN, IG, OG, UG
5. Pumpkin sight word hunt with recording sheet
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FOR A CLOSER LOOK AT THE COMPONENTS INCLUDED.
Common Core Standards Addressed:
RL.K. 10 I can participate in group reading activities.
RI.K.7 I can match the illustration with the text.
RF.K. 1a I can follow words from left to right, top to bottom, and page by page.
RF.K. 2 I can play with words, syllables, and sounds.
RF.K. 2a I can tell you what words rhyme. I can make new rhymes.
RF.K.3 I can decode words.
RF.K. 3c I can read words by sight.
RF.K. 3d I tell similar words apart by the sounds.
W.K. 2 I can write to tell someone about a topic.
WK. 8 I can write to answer a question.
L.K.2d I can kid-spell words, writing the sounds I hear.