Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This novel was adapted from the movie (released March 2019) starring Cole Sprouse and Haley Lu Richardson. FIVE FEET APART by Rachael Lippincott tells the tragic love story of two teens, both living with cystic fibrosis. This novel does an excellent job of raising awareness of Cystic Fibrosis!
This story is about patients with Cystic Fibrosis. It will help students understand this disease and give them information on the disease. This dynamic story is told in the alternating perspectives of Stella and Will, FIVE FEET APART explores what it means to love and the importance of human touch in relationships. Stella deals with overcoming grief and loss and maintaining her sense of self in spite of her disease. Both Will and Stella struggle with their relationships with their parents and missing out on the normal activities of kids their age. Stella’s meticulous way of life and careful planning may all go out the window when a new boy with CF, Will Newman, moves into her wing of the hospital. This story is an excellent story for both boys and girls. There are short chapters that help students that struggle to read a novel.
Unit Information – 37 total pages
This novel study includes:
· Introduction PowerPoint presentation on different aspects of Cystic Fibrosis. The information will help students understand the disease, medications, treatments, and the everyday life of a person dealing with this disease prior to reading the novel. (9 slides include informative videos)
· 252 Novel Study Q & A (7 pages)
· 252 Novel study Questions separated by Chapters (6 pages)
· Novel Answer Page with page numbers (separate pages) – (6 pages)
The questions are only literal questions that can be used as daily running quizzes as students read the novel. Instructors are free to create their own higher order thinking questions for this novel.
· Vocabulary Handout – 15 words (1 page)
· Vocabulary Definitions for instructor (1 page)
· Novel Study Test with optional Essay (answers included) (6 pages)
· Essay question (with grading Rubric) (1 pages)