Spring speech therapy activities to teach articulation of final /k/, wh questions, verbs, concepts, categories, story retell, rhyme and more.
Plenty of hands-on language fun for your for duck, frog, pond and farm animal, spring or Easter themes.
This comprehensive download has 72 pages of printables and 15 activities for literacy centers, whole class or small group instruction and speech therapy. It includes materials for at least two hours of instruction: printable materials, PowerPoint auditory bombardment activity, lesson plan and suggestions for extension activities: art, snack, literacy center, listening center, youtube links, book list, and homework.
PLEASE NOTE: This product includes:
You will not need to purchase the flipbook separately if you you purchase this unit!
Five Little Ducks Flipbook with Interactive Pieces Attach the “little ducks” with Velcro to the last page which shows throughout the story. It allows children to actively participate as the story is read. They count down as ducks are removed, and return them when all the ducks come back! Prompts are included to target story comprehension, categorization, descriptive skills, and quantity concepts: all/none/ some, position concepts: far/near as the story is read.
• Act it Out! Visor: Seven cute, colorful visors for children to wear as they engage in dramatic retell of the story.
• Flannel board Storytelling Set includes 5 little ducks, Mother Duck and Father Duck and the numbers 1-5 for circle time, cookie sheet activities, literacy centers
• Minibook to make and send home for home practice in story re-tell.
• Question Cards with Question Mats include 18 Wh? Question Cards and 12 Yes/No questions to help children understand and respond to What?, Who?, Where?, Why? and Yes/No questions. Children answer questions and sort the cards on the included mats.
• Final /k/ Articulation Home Practice Sheet with name to a description activity.
Articulation CVC Cards with Rhyming Pairs find the 9 matching rhyme pairs as you play one of the included games.
Sequence/Ordinal Concepts and Following Two-Element Directions:
Sequence Vocabulary Color Sheet teaches concepts first, second, third last. Children must listen for the color word and ordinal vocabulary to color the sheet correctly.
Category Sort- Pond and Farm Animals 12 animal cards and cute sorting mat. To be used as folder game or as cut and paste printable– Where do the animals live? Children place animals in the pond or on the farm. Do some animals live in both places? May be printed for home practice.
Make-a-Scene Pond and Farm Cookie Sheet Past-Tense Verb Practice. Attach magnets to animals. Place pond/farm scene on cookie sheet. Choose an animal and place on the sentence mat. Practice the sentence: I picked a ____. Children then place animals on the Pond and Farm Scenes.
• Final /k/ Articulation CVC Cards with Rhyming pairs-20 final /k/ cards with pictures for the non-reader. Single syllable CVC words increase success for children with phonological disorders or apraxia of speech. Print two sets for card games, bonus game cards included so you can play all your favorite games- memory, Old Maid, Go Fish, etc.
Guess What? for Final /k/ Home Practice Sheet with name to a description activity. 2 pages: Articulation practice page with instructions for word, phrase or sentence level practice. Name to a Description activity sheet- Cut and paste the final /k/ word that matches the descriptions.
Phonological Awareness / Auditory Bombardment:
Auditory Bombardment PowerPoint file. Children listen to the recorded words and watch the PowerPoint presentation with colorful slides illustrating final /k/ words. Can be listened to independently on a computer or projected for the class at circle time.
Open-ended reinforcement activities:
• Quack! Go Back! Game may be used with any articulation or learning cards. Roll the dice and make your way back to the pond!
• Pick & Peek! Game – Where is Little Duck? Uncover each card to reveal the mystery picture. May be used to target Where? questions or any other skill.
• Do-a Dot Page- Featuring Little Duck. Use with dot markers or bingo chips.
1. Five Little Ducks Flipbook with interactive pieces
2. A Flannel board Storytelling Set for cookie sheet activities/ flannel board storytelling.
3. 7 Act it Out! Visors for dramatic story retell.
4. Sequence Vocabulary Color Sheet
5. Make-a-Scene Pond and Farm Cookie Sheet Past-Tense Verb Practice.
6. 18 Wh? question cards, 12 Yes/No question cards with question mats
7. Category Sort –sort animals in a folder game or use as a cut and paste printable.
8. 20 Final /k/ Articulation CVC Cards with Rhyming pairs and minimal pairs. Mats included.
9. Final /k/ Articulation Home Practice page with name to a description activity.
10. Quack! Go Back! Game- open-ended for any target
11. Pick and Peek! Game with picture windows to reveal a mystery picture
12. Do-a Dot Page
13. Auditory Bombardment PowerPoint file with pictures and narrated words.
14. Lesson Plans including themed You Tube links, book list, suggestions for art, games, activities and snacks.
15. Minibook for home practice
Love Nursery Rhyme Units?
The activities included are designed for small group instruction, circle time with stories, and activities for literacy, listening and art centers. Each unit will include at least 2 hours of activities based on story, nursery rhyme and fairy tale themes and a specific articulation target.
For my /sp/ blend unit with tons of activities, check out my:
★★★Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Click Here to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you. ☺
You may contact me at: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Speech-Sprouts