Investigate the Five Themes of Geography
with this interactive centers activity
. Each center invites students to further investigate one of the themes (Location, Place, Movement, Regions, Human-Environment Interaction
) through mapping, reading, and skills practice
All materials (except atlases) are provided (print on card stock and laminate for repeated use!) and available online. Resources include recent articles (available on NOVA also for those with computer access for a station!) on various world events and require students to use critical thinking skills in analysis.
These articles are controversial and serve as good discussion starters, but may be inappropriate for some classes. Any article could be substituted if fitting for the theme to better suit your class needs!
Student organizer and wrap-up questions are also provided.
This lesson is also available with the Geography Introduction COMPLETE Unit.
Check out the full 2 week unit to see if it would work well in your classroom!
• Geography Introduction Complete Unit
• Geography Introduction Terms Bingo Game - Vocabulary
• Basic Geography Task Card Scavenger Hunt Review Card Centers Activity Set
• Cartography Making A Map Geography Project
• Five Themes of Geography Centers Investigation Activity
• Geography & Culture Introduction to Culture Powerpoint
• Geography And History Overview Powerpoint Lecture Notes
• Geography Basics Review Games Centers Activities & Wrap-up
• Geography Five Themes Powerpoint Lecture Notes with Activities
• Geography Human Environment Interaction Letter to the Editor Assignment
• Geography Map Types and Purposes Powerpoint Lecture
• Geography Skills Review Centers Activity
• Geography Travel the World Semester Research Cumulative Project
• Geography's Effect on Early Settlement in Early Civilizations Activity & Writing
• World Geography Complete Course - All World Regions & Geo Introduction