Geographers recognize five themes in geography: Location, Place, Movement, Human-Environment Interaction, and Region. Students share their knowledge of these themes by creating a Google My Map about the themes.
These projects require Internet connection and Google accounts for each student.
• Location – students pin and describe absolute and relative locations.
• Place – students pin and describe physical, biological, and human features
• Movement – students pin and describe a wide variety of movement, including plant and animal, travel for leisure, work, and war, and much more.
• Human-Environment Interaction – students pin and describe places and ways the environment affects how humans live as well as places and ways humans affect the environment
• Region – students pin and describe different kinds of regions in our world
These projects can be done as one entire project, or be broken into five separate projects.
Included: directions and grading rubric in Microsoft Word and Excel, PDF, and Google Links.