This unit provides extra practice and resources for five and ten relationships: representing numbers on a ten frame, recognizing numbers on a ten frame, parts of 10, finding the missing parts of 10, and problem solving by making a table. It includes posters, interactive notebook pages, printables, games and vocabulary cards. Here is what’s included:
Representing Numbers on a Ten Frame
• How to Fill a Ten Frame - poster
• I Can Model Numbers on a Ten Frame – 3 printables for students to model numbers on a ten frame
• Model That Number! – a two player game for students to practice modeling numbers on a ten frame
Recognizing Numbers on a Ten Frame
• What Numbers Does a Ten Frame Represent? - poster
• I Can Identify Numbers on a Ten Frame – 3 printables for students to write the number represented by the ten frame
• Interactive Notebook Page – Identifying Numbers on a Ten Frame – students write the number that is represented by the ten frame under each flap
• Ten Frame Memory – a memory game for numbers 1-10, students match a ten frame and the number it represents
• Count on from 5 – a printable for students to practice counting on
• Recognizing Numbers on a Ten Frame – 8 printables, for students to practice using the following language relating to ten frames: _ away from 5 is _, _ away from 10 is _, 5 and _ more is _, _ away from 10 is _, _is _ and _ more, _is _away from _, # and # more.
• Interactive Notebook Page – Recognizing Numbers on a Ten Frame – students glue the correct ten frame under the sentence: # and # more, then color the ten frame to show the parts
• Numbers on a Ten Frame Game – students match the sentence with a ten frame and record their answers on a printable
Parts of 10
• Parts of 10 – poster
• I Can Show the Parts of 10 – 2 printables
• Apple Tree Parts of Ten – students cut out apples and glue some on the tree and some under a basket flap to show the parts of ten.
Missing Parts of 10
• Missing Parts of 10 – poster
• I Can Find the Missing Parts of 10 – 3 printables, using part-part-whole mats
• Interactive Notebook Page – Missing Parts of 10 - students find the missing part and glue a flap over the missing part. One page with the “Part I Know” given and one page without.
Problem Solving: Make a Table
• Make a Table – poster
• Make a Table for Parts of 5 – one printable with matching ten frame and counters
• Make a Table for Parts of 10 – 2 printables, each with coordinating ten frame and counters
Please download a free preview to see all that is included. Feel free to email me with any questions!
Over the 1st Grade Rainbow