With Five in a Row activities the idea is that you read the same book each day for 5 days, and interact with it in a different way each day. I did this on my blog:mrstshoneybees.wordpress.com. The 5 Activities I chose were:
1) art: make a balloon Tree with bingo dabblers and paint
2) Math: ordering with balloons and the hats from the story
3) Science: use your sense of touch to identify mystery contents of balloons
4) phonics and name practice: follow the balloon theme as you practice the letters in your name
5) fact vs. Fiction activity: observe, discuss and record elements in the story which are true or made up.
This package includes PDFs to facilitate each of the five days. You will also need a copy of the Balloon Tree by Phoebe Gilman.