- Product Description
Looking for lesson plans to empower your students to fearlessly make mistakes, try new things, and grow their brains?
Made famous by psychologist Carol Dweck, growth mindset is more than just a belief in effort. There are a few key elements that must be included in any attempt to teach students to adopt this way of thinking, but once you do teach students how to grow their brains, the results will be astounding.
This three-day mini unit introduces students to the theory and starts them on a path to redefine areas in their own lives where they have a fixed mindset.
When you teach growth mindset with these lessons you will
• have no-prep activities that you can use in class tomorrow
• read fun, entertaining, and thought-provoking picture books
• help your classes to understand the way the brain works and how we grow our brains
• teach your students why it is important and fun to make mistakes
• witness your classes enjoy the experience of teaching others how to have a growth mindset of their own
• push your students to be more resilient and eager to attempt new challenges
Included in the lesson plans are suggestions for read-alouds, discussion questions for opening and closing circles, discussion questions for strengthening students' understandings of the topics, and activities to help students process the information and put what they have learned to use in real life.
You will have to obtain copies of the picture books in order to complete some of the lessons.
Students will enjoy the books, diagrams, and activities, and you will enjoy empowering them to take on challenges in their lives so that they can grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically.