This expansion pack has everything you need to help teach the difference between Fixed and Growth Mindsets!
Included in this Product is:
- Detailed instructions for the teacher on how to run every lesson
- 14 cards with different quotes for students to sort by fixed or growth
- ANSWER KEY
of the 14 cards
- "Mindset Mapping" short story for students to highlight examples of fixed/growth mindset
- "Mindset Mapping" ANSWER KEY
- 10 question assessment
- 10 question assessment and ANSWER KEY
- 14 task cards for students to model a situation/mindset through a classroom skit
- 1 page with FOUR more additional activities!
This is set up as 2 different class periods/days.
Students are assigned in groups of 3-4. They receive one situation card that they must create a skit for. Example card might say "During a hard math test- FIXED mindset." Students would have to create a skit in front of the class that demonstrates the actions/sayings of that mindset. It should be clear enough that the class can guess which mindset is being modeled. This activity is a great way to introduce the topic, and my students LOVE doing skits!
Students work in groups of 4 to sort 14 mindset situations and place each one under the correct heading of FIXED MINDSET or GROWTH MINDSET. (10 minutes). Next, students break down into groups of 2 and work together to read the Mindset Mapping story, highlighting fixed mindset examples in red and growth mindset in yellow. They can compare their work to the answer key story. Finally, students should work individually to complete the 10 question assessment. Answer key is provided for the teacher.
This expansion pack has EVERYTHING you need to successfully teach growth versus fixed mindset.
The activities are fun, fast-paced, and encourage collaborative learning. This gives students THREE ways to learn mindsets before their assessment! My kids LOVED these lessons!!
***Interested in other Mindset lessons?***
Growth Mindset Badges / Brag Tags
***Interested in the assessment ONLY?***
Fixed versus Growth Mindset 10 Question Assessment and Answer Key