This lesson opens students eyes to the wonderful potential of creating a virtual camera in Flash to mimic film-making techniques such as panning, close-ups, and zooming. It is a game changer! In this animation, a hot air balloon flies over a cityscape, and students create a virtual camera that captures everything. I have to admit, this is my single favorite skill in Flash and it really opens up a world of craft and creativity for your students to inject into their movies going forward. They can now quickly and easily make their movies have more appeal and visual pop by learning this skill.
Save over 33%
This product is also included in my bundle:Flash CS6 Bundle - 10 Complete Lessons for Beginners
This project allows for differentiated learning, primarily by offering extension suggestions for the early finishers in class. There is a video available which demonstrates how to quickly and easily create windows for the foreground buildings in the cityscape. This can be very useful for students who are having difficulty following some of the instructions. The instructions are comprehensive and in the form of clickable and navigable interactive .pdf files. This project is ready to go out of the box, and students should be able to work independently on it.
Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments regarding this assignment! I hope that you find it useful and I look forward to hearing from you.
Included in this package:
- a .pdf teacher instruction file with plenty of screenshots and clear instructions.
- sample answer files (.swf, .exe and original .FLA file)
- extension sample answer files (.swf, .exe and original .FLA file)
- a camera code text document that students can use to copy and paste in the Action Script actions window. This code is what makes the camera work.
- Take the time to do this activity yourself prior to presenting to the students so you are familiar with the steps.
- If you have access to a scanner, students could also hand draw some artwork and then import it into Flash where it can be traced. This appeals to some students.
Others you might like:
Flash CS6 Lesson - Intro to Motion Tweening
Flash CS6 Lesson - Owl and boy flying nested animation!
Flash CS6 Lesson - Flash CS6 Lesson - Ten Second Countdown, Owning the Timeline!
Photoshop CS6 Bundle - 10 Complete Lessons for Beginners
Google Drive - 14 Complete Lessons for Beginners
Google Docs Lesson Bundle - 4 Essential lessons for beginners
Google Sheets Bundle - 10 Terrific Lessons for Beginners