Students are always attracted to techniques that allow for rhythmic, natural movement. In this lesson, students learn how to use Inverse Kinematics via the Bone Tool to make a cat’s tail wag. They reinforce this concept by making grass sway in the background as if blown by the wind. This is a relatively quick and straightforward activity, but it teaches a tool that students will want to use over and over again in future projects.
Save over 33%
This product is also included in my bundle:Flash CS6 Bundle - 10 Complete Lessons for Beginners
This lesson works great for beginner to intermediate learners of Flash. After they have a good sense of the basics (using symbols, the drawing tools, tweening), this lesson will give them more confidence and another tool they can wield to make better more nuanced animations.
This project allows for differentiated learning, primarily by offering extension suggestions for the early finishers in class. The instructions are comprehensive and in the form of clickable and navigable interactive .pdf files. This project is ready to go out of the box, and students should be able to work independently on it.
Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments regarding this assignment! I hope that you find it useful and I look forward to hearing from you.
Included in this package:
- a .pdf teacher instruction file with plenty of screenshots and clear instructions.
- sample answer files (.swf, .exe and original .FLA file)
- extension sample answer files (.swf, .exe and original .FLA file)
- a blank student answer file.
- Take the time to do this activity yourself prior to presenting to the students so you are familiar with the steps.
- If you have access to a scanner, students could also hand draw some artwork and then import it into Flash where it can be traced. This appeals to some students.
Others you might like:
Flash CS6 Lesson - Intro to Motion Tweening
Flash CS6 Lesson - Owl and boy flying nested animation!
Flash CS6 Lesson - Flash CS6 Lesson - Ten Second Countdown, Owning the Timeline!
Photoshop CS6 Bundle - 10 Complete Lessons for Beginners
Google Drive - 14 Complete Lessons for Beginners
Google Docs Lesson Bundle - 4 Essential lessons for beginners
Google Sheets Bundle - 10 Terrific Lessons for Beginners