Also included in
- Need a fun & easy way to review the sounds and words introduced in Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons? This flashcards set is your complete companion resource! This resource contains 450+ sounds and word flashcards with suggestions for using, practicing, and organizing.The flashcards$13.50$15.90Save $2.40
- Are you using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons? This Mega Bundle includes companion flashcards, handwriting sheets, worksheets, and games for all 100 lessons. Plus a bonus freebie! Everything you need (all in one place) to support your emerging reader.FlashcardsOur flashcard sets contain$22.95$33.75Save $10.80
Are you using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons?
It is one of our favorites! These flashcards are a companion resource to the book. Our flashcards contain the sounds and words introduced in Lessons 1 - 49.
The flashcards are created using plain text with the DISTAR symbols as well as other
decoding marks (like the balls and arrows) removed. We have found that this helps children transition to reading words in normal text a bit easier.
These flashcards are best printed on cardstock. If you are planning on using them with more than one child, consider laminating them for extra durability. They can easily be stored on a binder ring or notecard box.
- Once the child is introduced to the sound or word in the lessons, the flashcards should be used as a reinforcement activity.
- The flashcard practice does not have to be connected to your reading lessons, especially if you have a less than motivated reader.
- We suggest taking about 5 minutes to review the flashcards. Keep it quick!
- Daily review is the best way to reinforce learning new sounds and words.
- Make practicing your flashcards a fun and enjoyable experience...keep it positive!
We have included 3 dividers in this resource to help you keep the flashcards organized. There is also a bookmark included on the first printable page.
- : words and sounds not yet introduced will be stored behind this divider
- : words and sounds that are newly introduced or working on reading fluently
- : words and sounds that can be read quickly by sight
We suggest practicing “Words I’m Practicing” flashcards daily while incorporating the “Words I Know” flashcards occasionally to ensure they can still be read fluently.
Check out our other resources compatible with this program:
Thank you for your interest! Please look for the green star by the pink LLX2 circle and click it to become a follower. You then will receive updates about our products and new releases!
Please take a moment to leave a review, not only do we love hearing feedback from our customers, you will get TPT credit to use on future purchases!
Follow Lessons Learned x 2 on:
Copyright © Lessons Learned x 2. All rights reserved by authors. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.