Flash Card Time Bomb is an easy twist on the classic classroom game Hot Potato. All you have to do is set a timer. Pass a vocabulary card around and when the timer sounds, whomever is holding it loses.
In this video Steve is using our LEEP Cards to teach his youngest learners how to read.
Make sure to download your free set here::
A game lasts 5-15 minutes
All you need is a timer and some flashcards. A random timer works best. I use a "hot potato" toy.
You can use it for any language target, from ages 6 and up.
1. Sit in a circle.
2. Start the timer and say what's on a flashcard.
3. Pass the card to a student and they say the card.
4. That student passes it to another and so on.
5. The student holding the card when the timer stops is the loser.
6. Add extra flashcards to make the game more exciting and frantic.
7. Be quite strict about them saying the correct language.
8. Stop the game when they get tired or unruly.
It's perfect for getting students to repeat language alot in a short space of time.
It's fast and fun.
It's needs very little preparation.
This video uses songs and resources from our album Easy Kids Songs Vol.1.
We have TONS of videos on our youtube channel. Check them out here!
For more classroom games like this one please check out our website
Please like us on Facebook:
Please follow us on Twitter:
Plus us on Google Plus: