This set of materials is a compilation of my products, Flashcards and Language Games for Kids 1 and 2, and consists of flashcards and games that can be used with kindergarten grade students and/or young learners of English as a Second Language. All materials are in black and white and can be copied or colored. (There are also some colored versions for some of the games.) I have included PDF files of each set of flashcards or games and also the original JPEG files for anyone who wants to alter them or make their own.
1. A set of 16 different animals.
2. A set of 8 pieces of furniture.
3. A set of 8 prepositions.
4. A set of 16 different continuous verb pictures.
5. A set of 8 weather conditions.
6. A set of 8 meals in color and black and white.
7. A set of 4 mealtimes with empty clock for writing times.
If they don’t know the vocabulary already, the flashcards can be used to teach the words for use in the following two games. To expand vocabulary students can color the cards as well.
1. Zoo animal collectors game. This is similar to ‘Battleships’ except the aim in this case is to collect as many different animals as you can from your partners ‘zoo’. The game provides practice for colors, numbers to 10, and animals.
2. Find the animal game. This can be used after the students become proficient in animal, furniture words and use of prepositions (flashcards). Students ask each other the question, ‘Where is my ? to find and draw animals on their print.
3. Clothes domino game. Usual dominoes game used to practice colors, plurals and words using 'pairs'. A pair of shoes etc. Played in two's or groups of 3,4..
4. My Things game. Using 'Do you have my...? questions and classroom object sets for practicing adjective order. Students in teams of four race to see who can collect their set fastest.
All images are my own creations and were taken from a book I made for teaching English to Japanese kindergarten students.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License