This activity, based on the book "Flat Stanley" by Jeff Brown, includes all of the materials needed for students to participate in sending their own Flat Stanley on adventures through the mail.
* Picture of Flat Stanley that students will color and cut out - or students may draw their own.
* Letter to be mailed along with Stanley to each person that agrees to participate in helping students. Be sure students fill in the person's name and sign the letter before sending it.
* Simple questionnaire to mailed along with Stanley and the letter. This will be filled out by those receiving Stanley in the mail.
* Travel log and journal entry sheet. These will be completed by the student each time their Stanley is returned to them. Students will fill out the top portion of the journal entry sheet and then write a short paragraph from the perspective of Stanley. Ex. I went to . . .
* A rubric is also included. The full-page version is designed to be a
tool for the teacher. The quarter-page rubrics are designed to be filled out and attached to the students' completed work.
Also available at Cricket Classroom Creations:
Flat Stanley Book Study
Flat Stanley Bundle: Book Study and Adventure By Mail Activity