This paper bag puppet “craftivity” will certainly get your students excited about Flat Stanley! This activity is based on the original Flat Stanley book, written by Jeff Brown, but it can be used with any of the Flat Stanley books. When students have finished their puppets, they can re-enact scenes from the book-- fly him around like a kite, put him in a large envelope, slip him under a door, or hang him on the wall like a painting in the museum!
On the back of the paper bag puppet, students do a small writing exercise about their favorite scene from the book and then draw an illustration of that scene!
You will need:
• 1 standard lunch-size paper bag per student
• Crayons or colored pencils
• Teacher's instructions page - included in download
• Student page 1: Flat Stanley Outline (one per student) - included in download
• Student page 2: “My Favorite Scene” (one per student, but prints 2 copies per page to save on paper with multiple students) - included in download