The word family pairings in this product are based on the works of Kathy Ganske and her book Word Sorts and More. These are activities I have created to use along with the sorts in her book.
There is a wide variety of activities for introducing or reinforcing the short a word families, -at, -an, -ag, -ad, -ap, -am
You can use these pages in several different ways:
- Students can do the flip book to sort the pictures individually
- The flip book can be put in a literacy station to review the sounds
- The colored picture cards can be copied and laminated for students to sort in a station and then do the flip book to show the way they sorted
- Students can draw their own pictures that go with each word family
- Students will use the color code to color the pictures based on the word family
Please leave feedback if you purchase so you can recieve TpT credits to use on future purchases and follow my store.
Here are the words/pictures included in this product:
-at cat, bat, fat, hat, mat, rat
-an fan, tan, can, man, van, pan
-ad bad, lad, dad, sad, pad, mad
-ag rag, nag, bag, wag, tag, gag
-ap gap, cap, sap, map, nap, tap
-am ham, mam, dam, ram, yam, jam