￼Flip Flop Facts: Teaching the Commutative Property in Grade 1
This mini unit is 100% Common Core Aligned to CC Standard 1.OA.3. These materials can be used to teach and review the concept of turn around facts.
- use of the mathematical language "Commutative Property" AND the kid-friendly language "Flip Flop Facts"
- poster reference materials for the Commutative Property of Addition (aka "Flip Flop Facts")
- matching flip flop facts
- analyzing facts to determine the correct flip flop fact
- creating flip flop facts
- differentiated with several levels of ability (sums within 10, sums within 20)
- explaining what flip flop facts are and how they help mathematicians
- fact fluency practice
- a culminating craftivity