Flip and Snip scissor game is a fun and creative way to practice scissor skills. Add some variety to simple cutting skills with this differentiated scissor game. This 14 page, black and white, PDF document. You can print it on white paper, colored paper or cardstock paper (cardstock may be easier for children just learning how to cut).
Here is how to play Flip and Snip:
1. Grab a coin or make the one-inch wooden coin using the template in the download.
2. Decide which Snip page you want to use: wigs, princess dress or ice cream scoops and what degree of difficulty: straight lines (the easiest), curved, wavy and zig-zag (most difficult). Print the page and cut apart the four options per page.
3. Give each player one long strip and a pair of scissors.
4. When it is your turn, flip the coin. If the coin lands on heads or one scissor, cut off one level of wig, dress or ice cream scoop. If the coin lands on tails or two scissors, cut off two levels.
5. The winner is the first person who cuts off all the levels leaving only the black wig, polka dot dress layer or black ice cream scoop.