An ABC phonics game for EFL ESL ELL students.
Each Set Includes:
* 8 Games (color coded)
* 8 cards/ game
* Total of 64 Cards with Lowercase Letter on 1 side and picture on back.
*** If you live in Japan, you can buy a hard copy of this game from ETJ book service. The hard copy sold by ETJ has 7 cards/ set. Total of 56 cards. The game here has 8 cards/ set. Total of 64 cards. We use both sets at our school because they look / are different. Children enjoy using both. We also sell the hard copy to our students' parents when they join the school. *****
How to Play:
1. Separate out 1 game (by color). Shuffle.
2. Place cards down. (Go and all other cards picture side up)
3. Turn over Go.
4. Say the phonetic sound of the letter.
5. Match the Letter to the Correct Picture.
6. Turn over the card with the correct picture.
7. Say the phonetic sound of the letter. Match to the correct picture.
8. Continue until YES! (if you reach YES! before ALL cards have been turned over, you have made a mistake. Begin again.)
9. Don’t forget the double check. (look only at the letter and say which word was associated with it in the game.
What’s GREAT about this game?
1. Children learn NEW vocabulary as they learn phonics.
2. Children recognize and know the sound of ALL lowercase letters.
4. It’s self checking. If students get to YES before all cards are done—there’s been a mistake.
5. Pictures are Simple and Clear.
Look at www.daveandamygames.com for tips on use in class. (and how to play WITH PICTURES and VIDEOS).
Looking for more ABC Phonics Games / Flashcards? More Materials to complement My English Book and Me 3?
We upload 1 new game / flashcard set a week. Click on the green star to follow us and get updates on new products, sales and special offers.
Also, please rate and leave comments. It's a win win. You get credit to use on any purchase. And we get valuable feedback.