Flip ’n Read: CVC Phonics
An original phonics game for beginning EFL ESL ELL readers.
Each Set Includes:
* 8 Games (color coded)
* 8 cards/ game
* Total of 64 Cards with FULL SENTENCES on 1 side and Picture on the Back.
How to Play:
1. Separate out 1 game. Shuffle.
2. Place cards down (Let's Go and 7 picture cards--picture UP)
3. Turn over Let’s Go.
4. Read the Sentence out loud.
5. Match the Card to the Correct Picture.
6. Turn over the card with the correct picture.
7. Read the sentence. Match to the correct picture.
8. Continue until WELL DONE! (if you reach WELL DONE before ALL cards have been turned over, you have made a mistake. Begin again.)
9. Don’t forget the double check. (look only at the picture and say the full sentence)
What’s GREAT about this game?
1. Children learn NEW vocabulary as they read.
2. Children read FULL SENTENCES.
3. It is LEVEL APPROPRIATE (words neither too hard/ too easy)
4. It’s self checking. If students get to WELL DONE before all cards are done—there’s been a mistake.
5. Pictures are Simple and Clear.
In our lessons, we usually students usually play
Look at www.daveandamygames.com for tips on use in class.
If you need other CVC materials, why not try our Flashcards
, Read ’n Match
, My English Book and Me 4 texts , Go Fish / Memory Match
Bingos and Question Cards for beginning readers and writers.
Looking for more Flip ’n Read?
We have 3 Levels of Flip ’n Read: ABC Phonics.
4 Levels of Flip ’n Read: CVC Phonics (3 Letters and Longer)
We upload 2 - 3 new materials a week. Please click on the green star near the Dave and Amy Games Logo to get notices on new products and sales.
Finally, please leave feedback. You can get credits to use on ANY products by leaving comments. It’s a win win. We get valuable feedback and you get money off your next purchase.