A reading game for EFL ESL ELL students.
Students learn GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY as they READ FULL SENTENCES. Complements My English Book and Me 5: but can be used independently of course.
Each Set Includes:
* 8 Games (color coded)
* 8 cards/ game
* Total of 64 Cards with FULL SENTENCES on 1 side and Picture on the Back.
How to Play:
1. Separate out 1 game of 8 cards. Shuffle.
2. Place cards down.
3. Turn over Let’s Go.
4. Look at the Picture.
5. Read the sentences on the other cards to find the answer.
6. Turn over the card with the correct sentence.
7. Look at the picture. Match to the correct sentence.
8. Continue until WELL DONE! (if you reach WELL DONE before ALL cards have been turned over, you have made a mistake. Begin again.)
9. Don’t forget the double check. (look only at the picture and say the full sentence)
What’s GREAT about this game?
1. Children learn NEW vocabulary as they read.
2. Children read FULL SENTENCES.
3. It is LEVEL APPROPRIATE (words neither too hard/ too easy)
4. It’s self checking. If students get to WELL DONE before all cards are done—there’s been a mistake.
5. Pictures are Simple and Clear.
Look at www.daveandamygames.com for tips on use in class.
Looking for more high level games / flashcards? Materials to complement My English Book and Me 5?
We upload 1 new game/ flashcard set a week (at least). Please click on the green star near the Dave and Amy Games Logo to get notices on new products and special offers.
Finally, please rate and comment. It’s a win win. We get valuable feedback and you get money off your next purchase.