A reading game for EFL ESL ELL students.
Students learn GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY as they READ FULL QUESTIONS and ANSWERS. Complements My English Book and Me 5: but can be used independently of course.
Each Set Includes:
* 8 Games (color coded)
* 8 cards/ game
* Total of 64 Cards with FULL QUESTIONS and ANSWERS on 1 side and Picture on the Back.
How to Play:
1. Separate out 1 game of 8 cards. Shuffle.
2. Place cards down.
3. Turn over Let’s Go.
4. Look at the Picture.
5. Read the question and answer on the other cards to find the match.
6. Turn over the matching card.
7. Look at the picture. Match to the correct question and answer..
8. Continue until WELL DONE! (if you reach WELL DONE before ALL cards have been turned over, you have made a mistake. Begin again.)
9. Don’t forget the double check. (look only at the picture and say the full question and answer)
What’s GREAT about this game?
1. Children learn NEW vocabulary as they read.
2. Children read FULL QUESTIONS and ANSWERS.
3. It is LEVEL APPROPRIATE (words neither too hard/ too easy)
4. It’s self checking. If students get to WELL DONE before all cards are done—there’s been a mistake.
5. Pictures are Simple and Clear.
Look at www.daveandamygames.com for tips on use in class.
Looking for more high level games / flashcards? Materials to complement My English Book and Me 5?
4 levels of Flip ’n Read
6 levels of Read ’n Match
Blends Flashcards big and small
We upload 1 new game/ flashcard set a week (at least). Please click on the green star near the Dave and Amy Games Logo to get notices on new products and special offers.
Finally, please rate and comment. It’s a win win. We get valuable feedback and you get money off your next purchase.