A grammar and vocabulary reading game for EFL ESL ELL students.
Students learn GRAMMAR, VOCABULARY as they READ FULL questions, sentences and answers.
Complements My English Book and Me 6: but can be used independently of course.
Each Set Includes:
* 8 Games (color coded)
* 8 cards/ game
* Total of 64 Cards with FULL Questions and Answers on 1 side and Picture on the Back.
How to Play:
1. Separate out 1 game of 8 cards. Shuffle.
2. Place cards down.
3. Turn over Let’s Go.
4. Look at the Picture.
5. Read the questions / answers on the other cards to find the answer.
6. Turn over the card with the matching question / answer.
7. Look at the picture. Match to the correct question / answer sentence.
8. Continue until WELL DONE! (if you reach WELL DONE before ALL cards have been turned over, you have made a mistake. Begin again.)
9. Don’t forget the double check. (look only at the picture and say the full question and answer (if this is difficult—-students should re - read and THEN look only at the picture and say)
What’s GREAT about this game?
1. Children learn NEW vocabulary, grammar, questions and answers as they read.
2. Children read FULL Questions and Answers.
3. It is LEVEL APPROPRIATE (words neither too hard/ too easy)
4. It’s self checking. If students get to WELL DONE before all cards are done—there’s been a mistake.
5. All grammar, vocabulary, questions and answers are also in the in My English Book and Me 6 texts. It's a fun way to review the text material.
Look at www.daveandamygames.com for videos / tips on use in class.
Looking for more high level games / flashcards?
Materials to complement My English Book and Me 6?
Please click on the green star near the Dave and Amy Games Logo to get notices on new products and special offers.
Finally, please leave feedback. You can get credits to use on ANY products by leaving comments. It’s a win win. We get valuable feedback and you get money off your next purchase.