I have recently completely revamped this pack and hope you love the new changes.
As with most of my packs upon opening, you will find 2 options - US letter size or A4 paper size please open the correct one for you.
This is a fun, quick and easy to use pack with everything you need to explore Floating and Sinking.
This is a pack of activities, worksheets, checklists, flip book, crown, word bank words and labels and a fun little make a boat book for Kindergarten, Year 1 and Year 2. It is made to go hand in hand with a Science Centre to allow chn. to test floating and sinking of different objects.
In this pack you will find
* 3 charts for brainstorming: What is Floating?, What is Sinking? and
Things that Float... Things that sink... Enlarge
* 3 definition sheets: density, floating and sinking
* There are 11 themed Floating and Sinking checklist for children to test and predict. Each theme comes with 4 different options - please see preview (preview is in US letter size paper and has US spelling)
(A4 paper has Aus, NZ, UK spelling)
I have tried very hard to only include items which are easy to gather.
The themes are :
School supplies: highlighter, eraser, pencil, scissors, bingo dabber, marker, crayon
Math Equipment: ruler, paper clip, bear, block, unifix cubes, shapes - a triangle and a square
Nature: seed, stick, flower, leaf, stone, feather, (acorn only in class list)
Kitchen items: plate, cup, spoon, fork, knife, bowl, spatula
Containers: jar, box, drink bottle, lid, can, milk carton, dishwashing liquid bottle
Food: apple, egg, grapes, potato, tomato, peas
Toys: lego block, car, rubber duck, boat, ball, block
Balls: ballon, tennis ball, basketball, bouncy ball, golf ball, beach ball, football
Random items: button, die, counter, ball of play dough, lego block, pencil sharpner
Household items: key, ring, lock, peg, coin, bag, rag
Shapes: circle, rectangle, square, hexagon, pentagon, oval
There is also a blank version for each checklist to add your own items.
*”The Great Ball Challenge” a floating/sinking activity involving different balls with matching worksheets.
*”The Orange Test” - testing an unpeeled and peeled orange, 3 worksheets choose the appropriate level for your chn. Experiment Instruction sheet with conclusion to discuss and a simple explanation of density
*”Can you Make a Boat that Floats” 2 worksheets to choose the appropriate level for your chn. Includes draw your boat with labels or without, list materials or draw materials and a what happened box. Plus a recount writing template.
*”The Boat Challenge.” Using foil or play dough, create a boat, test your boat with weights, compare and then scrunch foil into ball and test. 2 versions of the worksheet choose the appropriate level for your chn. Experiment instruction sheet.
* Word bank words for your Science/Inquiry Centre 2 versions round or square, words are: drip, drop, float, sink, iceberg, sea, splish, splosh, splash, ice, sinking, water, ship, stream, river, boat, ocean, wave, rain, hail, swim floating, dense and buoyant .plus a master to add your own words
* I have now added a 3rd version of the word bank these words are with pirate clip art (these are the same design as my 100 beginning sight word pack.)
* Labels - sinks and floats in A4 size and 13cm x9.4cm
A Floating and Sinking Flipbook.
A Floating and Sinking crown
A Floating and Sinking cootie catcher
and a Simple Boat Shaped writing book to cut color/colour and make.
Lots of fun things to do to explore Sinking and Floating.
Please check out my other science units:
Weather and SeasonsAll About Plants.