A fun, quick and easy to use pack with everything you need to explore Floating and Sinking.
This is a pack of activities, worksheets, checklist, flip book and word bank words for Kindergarten, Year 1 and Year 2. It is made to go hand in hand with a Science Centre to allow chn. to test floating and sinking of different objects.
In this pack you will find
* 3 charts for brainstorming: What is Floating?, What is Sinking? and What we think will float - What we think will sink. Enlarge to A3
* 4 definition sheets bouyancy, density, floating and sinking
* There are 14 checklist papers for testing Sinking or Floating of varied items. These include different versions to enable you to choose the appropriate level for your class some involve predicting, others colouring/coloring to show the result, also cutting and gluing items to show chns. prediction. Some could also be used as an assessment for the end of this unit of study. There are also master blank lists to add your own items or chn. could draw in items they have found to test. Altogether there are 28 items to test. The items are varied and include objects from nature eg. stone, feather, leaf etc. classroom items pencil, scissors, paperclip etc and household items key, ring, toy car etc. Kitchen items cup, plate, knife etc
*”The Great Ball Challenge” a floating/sinking activity involving different balls with matching worksheet.
*”The Orange Test” - testing an unpeeled and peeled orange 4 worksheets choose the appropriate level for your chn. with Experiment Instruction sheet with conclusion to discuss and a simple explanation of density
*”Can you Make a Boat that Floats” 2 worksheets choose the appropriate level for your chn. Includes draw your boat with labels or without, list materials or draw materials and a what happened box.
*”The Boat Challenge.” Using foil or play dough, create a boat, test your boat with weights, compare and then scrunch foil into ball and test. 3 versions of the worksheet choose the appropriate level for your chn.
* Wordbank words for your Science/Inquiry Centre 2 versions round or square, words are: drip, drop, float, sink, iceberg, sea, splish, splosh, splash, ice, sinking, water, ship, stream, river, boat, ocean, wave, rain, hail, swim floating, dense and bouyant .plus a master to add your own words
* I have now added a 3rd version of the word bank these words are with pirate clip art (these are the same design as my 100 beginning sight word pack.)
* Labels - sinks and floats in A4 size and 13cm x9.4cm
And last but not least a Floating and Sinking Flipbook.