FLORIDA ANIMALS UNIT:
Florida Animals is a Sunshine State Standard-aligned resource with NINE COMPLETE Content-Based Florida lessons. For less than $2.80 per lesson, we've packed Florida Animals with all of the Nonfiction Informational Text and a balanced mix of higher and lower level hands-on activities that students need to learn about Florida Animals:
• Questions after each of the 9 lessons to assess Informational Text Comprehension
• Journal Writing using Close Reading techniques to increase Comprehension
• Thematic Map Skills using pictures and symbols
• Data Collection and Graphing activities
• Grid Math using Number and Letter Coordinates to solve puzzles
• Classification activities highlighting Structural and Behavioral Adaptations
• Florida Animals Research Project to make and play the game Find the Fib
• Vocabulary Activities and Quizzes
In addition, students will enjoy making and playing the game Adaptation Match-Up to reinforce concepts learned while studying about Structural Adaptations, Behavioral Adaptations, Mimicry, and Camouflage~all game materials and instructions included!
The Animal Kingdom
Florida Large Mammals
Florida Small Mammals
Florida Fish and Reptiles
We've included a context-appropriate Florida Animals Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Florida activities.
Download the Florida Animals Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, State and Common Core Standard Alignment, and sample Florida Animals lessons and activities.
OUR OTHER FLORIDA AND SOUTHEAST REGION RESOURCES:
FLORIDA GEOGRAPHY UNIT
FLORIDA HISTORY UNIT
FLORIDA GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY UNIT
SOUTHEAST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING FLORIDA ANIMALS EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2015-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.