Florida History is a Sunshine State-aligned Resource with EIGHT COMPLETE lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text. For less than $2.90 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities that students need to learn about Florida History.
• questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text comprehension
• how-to-draw activities following directions to practice Functional Text comprehension
• thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Reference Mapping skills using Cardinal and Intermediate directions
• Grid Math utilizing number and letter pairs to solve mystery puzzles
• historical Time Lines utilizing picture cues – great for ELL students
• Venn Diagrams and KWLH Charts
• Creative and Expository Writing practice – pre-writing questions help guide students
• Vocabulary Quizzes
Florida's First People
Control of Florida
The Florida Territory
The Civil War
We've included a context-appropriate Florida Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level writing activities.
Download the Florida History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Sunshine State Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER FLORIDA AND SOUTHEAST REGION RESOURCES:
FLORIDA GEOGRAPHY BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
FLORIDA ANIMALS BUNDLE OF NINE LESSONS
FLORIDA GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY BUNDLE NINE LESSONS
SOUTHEAST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING FLORIDA HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.