Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
"Florida" by Lauren Groff: A Study Guide is ideal for both the individual reader and for reading groups/classes.
This comprehensive guide aims to support reflective reading, not to replace it. The critical analysis brings together a range of opinion on the text and offers a consistent reading.
1. Preface and Introduction;
2. Each story is accompanied by helpful pre-reading questions, guided reading questions, explanatory notes and a detailed commentary. Note: answers are given to the guiding questions (though much of the same ground is covered in the commentaries): trust the students to find their answers. The questions are designed to stimulate thought, discussion and interpretation, not to test, and can be used for self-study, homework, group discussion in class, jigsaw groups, formal presentations, written answers, etc. (The questions are also presented in a separate section of ease of copying for group/class use.)
3. Critical analysis of themes;
4. Ideas for groupings for classroom discussion, feedback, and presentation;
5. Definitions of key literary terms and a literary terms activity;
6. Two graphic organizers for student notes;
7. Suggestions for further reading.