Based off of an AVID strategy, a One Pager allows students to process information in a multitude of different ways, all on the same page. This One Pager requires students to synthesize information from the short story, "Flowers for Algernon," and apply what they learned.
This resource should be used as a set of instructions for students to reference while completing the One Pager on their own piece of paper.
Students are required to:
- Include the story's title and author
- Write a five sentence summary about the text
- Include a meaningful quote from the text
- Draw three symbols to represent the text and explain how they are significant
- Focus on characterization through the use of character traits
- Create a final product that is both neat, organized, and colorful