This fun activity will get your students up and moving as they review math skills they should know and understand fluently.
Purpose of the activity:
To promote fluency practice in a fun and engaging way! With this activity your students will have fun moving around the room while mastering these skills.
How to print:
Print number cards FRONT & BACK. The problem will appear on the front and the answer on the back. Two options, Color or Black & White. TIP: If you print the Black & White version use colored card stock. Laminate in order to use again and again. DO A TEST PRINT BEFORE PRINTING THE ENTIRE SET.
• Cake Walk Cards (Included)
• Music (Not Included)
• Dry Erase Boards (Not Included) (optional)
How to play:
1. Place the number cards in a large circle around the room. TIP: All cards have been included in this set; you may not want to put all of them out at one time.
2. Have your students stand next to a number card.
3. Start the music!
4. Once the music starts have your students move from card to card.
5. When the music stops, the students will stop on the card closest to them.
6. If they have a Dry Erase Board, have them complete the problem. Then, they will turn the card over to check their work. TIP: I have my students bend down to work the problem, when they are finished they stand. When everyone is standing I start the music again.
7. Start the music again. Repeat. TIP: My class plays for 5 minutes every day.
How to get TPT credits to use on future purchases
Go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can leave a quick rating and a short comment about the product. Why is feedback so important? Each time you provide feedback, you’ll earn TPT credits that can be applied to future purchases to save you money! Plus, the feedback you provide helps us make my products better suit your needs!
How to Follow Our Store
Click the green star beside our name at the top of this page OR at the top of our store page. Following us notifies you when we post a new item and you will receive customized email updates about our store.
All rights reserved by author. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Intended for classroom or personal use ONLY.