Monster Readers Fluency Graphs--
Monitor your monster readers' fluency progress!
Great for record-keeping and data management!
In this packet, you will find:
* About Fluency & Tracking Progress (basic facts)
* Background Info on Timed Reading, Target Charts & Recording Sheets
* 5 Different Graphs: 60, 100, 120, 150 plus blank one to write in goal targets
* A class profile sheet
* Fluency Rubric
* Fun partner recording sheets
* 2 Award Sheets for meeting goals (one color, one b/w--half-sized awards--two to a page)
Kids are motivated to see their own progress, especially when they are able to graph it.
Use graphs as assessment tools, or use to monitor progress with repeated readings. Students color in the graphs that equal the number of words correct per minute (wcpm = total number of words minus miscues in one minute).
Kids are delighted to see their improvement--and when they "track" their own progress, it only encourages them to read more and set goals for their fluency progress.
This is a lot like my other fluency set, but this may appeal to your kiddos if they love monsters--whether for Halloween or any time of the year.
Please note: The graph(s) you choose will depend upon the grade level or reading level of your students. It is possible you may only want 2 of these. This set covers reading targets from K to grade 6, but these are particularly designed for 1-4. If you work with many grade levels this may be helpful.
Thanks for checking this out!
(If you try this with your kids and like it, your feedback is appreciated!)