of NONFICTION FLUENCY
passages has arrived. I have taken two of my best year long sellers and combined them into one bundle. These weekly passages are geared toward UPPER ELEMENTARY OR ADVANCED READERS
! In each set there are enough fluency passages to complete one story per week! With the BUNDLE DEAL
there are enough passages for 2 school years or 2 stories per week.
The fluency passages are not for early readers! The fluency passages are meant for advanced readers or readers who are reading fluently with little to no help, but are still needing the extra practice in fluency and building COMPREHENSION SKILLS
! The fluency passages range from 500 - 920 (using the Lexile Rating Scale) and grade levels 2.0 - 6.0 (using Flesch-Kincaide measuring). The passages are in order to increase as the year progresses. However, you can use to your discretion. Please see preview before purchasing!
I designed both sets of nonfiction fluency passages to be used as weekly practice for my own advanced fluent readers. I noticed when teaching the “average to high leveled” readers in second grade, they needed content that was more advanced to read, but at the same time something to keep them practicing fluency. I also wanted to meet our districts Common Core needs, stay within the DIBEL format, introduce more nonfiction passages, and really work on building text based comprehension skills. This is how this product came to be and has been a lifesaver in my own classroom.
Here is what is included:
● Included are two versions of each story. One story has the word count with a graphing chart at the bottom, which is perfect for weekly homework. The second version is the same story, but in a closed text format. The passages could be used for close text reading, teacher monitoring, RTI, and many other ways.
● Comprehension questions for each story are included. The type of questions range from multiple choice, listing, compare/contrast, illustrating, describing, drawing conclusions, fact and opinion, main idea, to going back in the story and finding evidence.
● Provided is the Lexile level as well as Flesch-Kincaid grade level. The stories are put in order according to grade level. You could however, choose to go in whatever order best fits your needs. The stories reading level increases as the year progresses.
● There is also a second graphing option. This could be used for the kids to self assess their progress.
● Included is a parent note explaining how to implement fluency checks at home.
The NONFICTION FLUENCY PASSAGES
include a mix of science and social study topics. Below you will find the link to the individual fluency sets if you wish to see the topics listed or purchase individually:
Fall Themed Nonfiction Fluency Passages
Winter Themed Nonfiction Fluency Passages
Spring Themed Nonfiction Fluency Passages
Summer Themed Nonfiction Fluency Passages
The Ultimate Seasonal Nonfiction Fluency BUNDLE
Weekly Nonfiction Fluency Passages for the Year