This resource practices long vowel digraph “ie” words that is appropriate for older students while still applicable for grade-level use. The included fluency passages that reinforce long vowel digraph ie words (that could also be used as close readings) are graded for beginning third, fourth, and fifth grades. However, many older students require revisiting phonics lessons, and this resource could be of help to them.
With your download, you will receive the following:
1. Directions on how to conduct a fluency assessment.
2. Three fluency passages, graded at beginning third, fourth, and fifth grades -- great for differentiated instruction or response to intervention.
3. Corresponding teacher copies with "ie" words underlined. Can be used for repeated readings.
4. Eighteen words that practice "ie" "i-e" and "others" for a word sort.
5. One worksheet for students to write the words into proper categories (from the word sort) along with sentence writing practice.
6. A worksheet that contains two vocabulary webs with assigned words.
7. A worksheet that contains two blank vocabulary webs that you can fill in with your own assigned words.
8. A worksheet that practices the reading comprehension strategy of visualizing.
9. A fun drawing activity!