Some students need further help with phonics skills, yet many phonics activities are created for younger students. I created this reading resource for long vowel digraphs "ai" and "ay" that is appropriate for older students while still applicable for grade-level use. The included fluency passages (that could also be used as close readings) are at beginning third, fourth, and fifth-grade reading levels. However, many older students require revisiting phonics skills.
With your download, you will receive the following:
1. Directions on how to conduct a fluency assessment.
2. Three fluency passages graded at 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 -- great for differentiated instruction or response to intervention.
3. Corresponding teacher copies with "ai" and "ay" words underlined. Can be used with repeated readings.
4. A sheet containing five comprehension questions relating to the fluency / close reading passages.
5. Twenty-one words that practice "ai,” "ay" and a few "others" thrown in for a word sort.
6. One worksheet for students to write the words into proper categories (from the word sort) and sentence writing practice.
7. A worksheet that contains two vocabulary webs with assigned words.
8. A worksheet that contains two blank vocabulary webs for you to assign new words.
9. A fun drawing activity!
Thank you for your purchase!
Feedback is always appreciated as it allows me to create better resources for your students!