Some students need further help with phonics skills yet many phonics activities are geared for younger students. This product is appropriate for older students while still applicable for grade-level use. The included fluency passages that reinforce long vowel digraph oa, ow, and oe words (that could also be used as close readings) are graded for beginning third, fourth, and fifth grades. However, many older students require revisiting previously taught phonics skills and this resource could be of help to them.
With your download, you will receive the following:
1. Directions on how to conduct a fluency assessment.
2. Three fluency passages, graded at 3.0, 4.0, and 5.0 -- great for differentiated instruction or response to intervention.
3. Corresponding teacher copies with "oa,” “ow,” and “oe” words underlined. Can be used for repeated readings.
4. Twenty-one words that practice "oa,” “ow,” and “oe” for a word sort.
5. One worksheet for students to write the words into proper categories (from the word sort) and sentence writing practice.
6. A worksheet that contains two vocabulary webs with assigned words.
7. A worksheet that contains two blank vocabulary webs that you can fill in with your own assigned words.
8. A drawing activity that practices visualizing.
9. A bonus drawing worksheet.
Thank you for your purchase!