This set was created as either an extension activity or intervention.
Extension -- Have students who have mastered the first 100 sight words? This is a great small group activity.
Intervention -- Have students who are still struggling with reading passages with sight words fluently? Use this as an 8-week intervention.
Students can use the hummingbirds to help them to follow along from line to line while reading. Hummingbirds flutter quickly, so this can encourage students to read more quickly with each reading.
This set includes the following:
* Directions for Use
* Hummingbirds (assemble onto craft sticks)
* 8 Worksheets for practice
* 8 week's worth of simple passages comprised mostly of the first 100 sight words
* 40 student passages (for the 8 weeks - one per day for 8 weeks)
* 8 Teacher Copies (that include each week's passages to mark on while student reads AND data recording space to record number of words, errors, and total word read)
This activity is great for small group introduction and then moved into an independent center activity.
Thank you for supporting our classroom with your purchase!!
This content is copyright of 2 Fulbright Hugs © 2003-2014, Kimberlee Fulbright. All rights reserved. Download of any if these items allows the user the right to copy and reproduce for personal classroom, home school, or church use ONLY. Duplication of part or all of the contents in any form is forbidden other than aforementioned. No part of this document may be copied, reposted, or used without permission including photos, images, words, etc.