Products in this Bundle (4)
Updated 2018!! This fluency pack is full of resources to help teach the four areas oral reading fluency: smoothness & accuracy, phrasing, pacing, and expression. There are MANY options for rubrics posters, feedback cards and partner reading resources so you can choose the best fit for your classroom needs!
This bundle includes the following products:
Plus BONUS Materials only available with the bundle.
Each fluency focus above includes:
- 3 Picture Options: The tree themed and sun themed rubrics included for all four fluency focuses. Each focus also has rubrics with unique themed pictures chosen to fit that focus. Smoothness & Accuracy have candy bar rubrics. Phrasing has ice cream cone rubrics. Pacing has sea animal rubrics and expression has kid facial expression rubrics. The pictures correspond with the 4 different proficiency levels.
- 7 Options for Proficiency Level Terms for each fluency focus
- 2 Options for Points: 0 to 3 Points or 1 to 4 Points
There are 30 options of rubrics for each fluency focus for a total of 120 rubrics to choose from!
These feedback cards are designed to help students and/or teachers provide feedback when giving fellow peers or students specific feedback on the different fluency focuses while reading. I choose a fluency focus for each student after reading with each one. There are two parts on the card, “Celebrations for (Fluency Focus)” and “Suggestions for (Fluency Focus).” These feedback cards are connected to the rubrics included with this product. There are 6 options of feedback cards to choose from with pictures (that also connect to the rubrics) and backgrounds.
These posters explain each fluency focus is. You may hang these in the classroom, use for lessons, or make smaller copies to glue in student notebooks. There are 8 options to choose from for each focus with different color choices, pictures, and backgrounds.
Partner Reading Resources:
- Partner Reading Steps
- Expression Scoring Slips
- Pocket for Scoring Slips
- “Reading is Thinking” Sign/Bookmark
These resources can be used to create a file folder for Partner Reading. Partner Reading is a great way for students to participate in repeated readings while receiving feedback. Arrange Partner Reading Steps, Pocket for Scoring Slips, Reading is Thinking Sign (optional) and your chosen Feedback Card and Rubric on/in a file folder. Laminate for more durability. Print off scoring slips and cut apart to store in the pocket. You can create fluency focus folders for partner reading for each focus or a general partner reading fluency folder with the bonus materials included with this bundle!
- Teacher Rubric: This rubric combines all four fluency focuses onto one page. There are multiple options to match the different proficiency terms and the different points included with the fluency focuses.
- Binder and Feedback Card Covers: Use the binder cover pages to create a binder for all your fluency materials included in this product! This makes finding what you need a breeze! The feedback card covers can be used with your choice of feedback cards. I like to store copies on rings for easy use!
- Partner Reading Materials: There are tree themed and sun themed partner reading materials included as a BONUS! What’s great about these is that you can prepare one file folder for students to use for ANY fluency focus. That means a lot less work for you! The scoring slips can be used for any focus since the tree and sun themed pics are included for each fluency focus.
Buying this product saves you $6 (50% off)! That's getting two of the fluency packs free!
a TEACHER on a MISSION, 2018
Permission to copy for single classroom use only. Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use.