This 53~page math packet includes six lessons for adding and subtracting multi-digit whole numbers. Each lesson includes an instructional section, guided practice, teamwork, independent practice, and homework. "I Can" statements are included as separate posters so you can simply copy and hang in your classroom for each lesson. A vocabulary anchor chart is also included.
• I can use properties and strategies to change the structure of a problem to add
and subtract with mental math.
• I can use rounding and place value to estimate sums and differences.
• I can use the standard algorithm and place value to add multi-digit numbers.
• I can use the standard algorithm and place value to subtract whole numbers.
• I can use number sense and regrouping to subtract from numbers with zeros.
• I can make sense of quantities and relationships in problem situations.
Just copy and use! No other preparation is needed. Thanks bunches, and enjoy! :) ~Mindi