This product features 10 Vocabulary Building Pages and 7 Summarization Pages to accompany the novel, "Flush" by Carl Hiaasen.
This is a GREAT addition to any novel study or activities you might already have!
**SEE THE PREVIEW FILE FOR AN UP CLOSE LOOK AT BOTH PAGE TYPES!**
This product includes:
• VOCABULARY BUILDING
In column one, students have to infer what they think they word means simply based on the context clues surrounding it. In column two, students look up the word and write the definition. Finally, students pick one of the words and create their own sentence at the bottom, showing mastery over the vocabulary.
Examples of the vocabulary words include:
"Queasy, Murky, Inquiries, Ambushed, Mortified, Rummaging, Clenched, Sheepishly, Agitated, Rapped, Remorseful, Startling, Tampering, Hoisted, Hauled, Interjected, etc."
• SUMMARIZATION PAGES
Students are asked to summarize what is occuring in the novel every 2 chapters. They are asked to create their own summaries, list any new characters, draw a scene to depict what is happening in the novel so far, etc.
Chapter 21-- Students are asked to re-write the ending!
EXCELLENT for STARR test prep!
**** Other Novel Studies that You Might Love ****
• Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen- Complete Novel Study
• ”Flipped” Novel Discussion Cards with QR Codes
• Mr. Popper’s Penguins by Richard and Florence Atwater-Complete Novel Study
• Fantastic Mr. Fox- Complete Novel Study
• Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine- Complete Novel Study
• Sarah, Plain and Tall by Patricia MacLachlan- Complete Novel Study
• Eggs by Jerry Spinelli- 100 page Novel Study
• "Monsters are due on Maple Street" Novel Study
• Shiloh-8 Vocabulary Building Pages
• The Adventure of the Speckled Band-3 Vocabulary Building Pages
• The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe- 8 Vocabulary Building Pages
Thank you for downloading!
****Don't forget to leave feedback and a rating on purchased items to receive TpT credits towards future purchases. That's like FREE MONEY!!!