This product includes several activities for the book Fly Away Home by Eve Bunting. This book is great for the culturally responsive classroom, as it addresses issues such as homelessness.
5 days of lesson plans with materials included.
- Before Reading Questions: Activating prior knowledge and setting purpose for reading
- Bubble Map: Character traits of Andrew
- Vocabulary: Using Context Clues from the story to define a words
- Text Dependent Questions (2 pages)
- Character Bubble Map
- Character X-Ray
- Double Bubble Maps to compare and contrast elements of the story
- Paper Bag Book Report: a fun and cute craft that students LOVE to make. Directions for assembly included. Includes pages for: characters, setting, plot, making connections, book review, and more!