Fly Guy Presents: Castles, by Tedd Arnold, is another info-packed text for young learners from his “Fly Guy Presents” series! Use our Common Core-aligned Text-Dependent Questions, Close Reading Worksheet, and “Castles Notebook” activities with your copy of the book to help you model close reading and provide a variety of text-related activities including reading comprehension, vocabulary, math and writing! Great for guided practice, teams, pairs, or independent work!
Please see the description below and the preview!
Included in this product:
• Text-dependent question (TDQ) card
• Close reading worksheet and answer key
• “My Castle Notebook” (details below)
Our Text-Dependent Questions…
• Cite the Common Core State Standards used (RI 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 8)
• Include pair-sharing prompts
• Guide teachers to the exact pages in the text where answers can be found
The Close Reading Worksheet…
• Includes page number references to encourage students to return to the text for answers
• Answer key - may also be used as modified work for students requiring maximum support
“My Castle Notebook” includes…
• Castle-themed cover sheet
• Castle vocabulary page – match the word to the definition (CCSS L2.4); answer key provided
• Label the castle using castle vocabulary words (provided); answer key
• “My Castle” - draw your own castle!
• Choice of writing paper – one without and one with handwriting guidelines
• Two Writing Assignments: 1) write an informational paragraph about castles (CCSS W2)
• Write an opinion paragraph about a castle job (CCSS W1); sample paragraphs included
• Sample paragraphs may be used as handwriting practice sheets or given as modified work for students who require maximum support
• Math Problem (2.NBT.B.7) - How old is the Tower of London? Subtract 1066 from now to find out! (Answer key included is for 2018)
Also, check out our other Fly Guy companion products in our TpT store!