Fly Guy’s field trip to The White House inspires another Tedd Arnold info-packed text for young learners! Use our high-quality text-dependent questions, close reading worksheet, and “White House Notebook” drawing and writing activities with your copy of “Fly Guy Presents: The White House” to help you teach close reading, Common Core State Standards RI 1, 2, 3, 6 and 7, facts about the White House and its history, and informational writing to your 1st or 2nd graders. Great for guided practice, teams, pairs, or independent work!
Included in this packet:
Our Text-Dependent Questions…
• Cite the Common Core State Standards used (RI 1, 2, 3, 6, and 7)
• Include pair-sharing prompts
• Guide teachers to the exact pages in the text where answers can be found
Close Reading Worksheet…
• Includes page number references to guide students back into the text
• Answer key included for teacher reference
“My White House Notebook” includes...
• White House-themed cover sheet
• Text-inspired “Design-your-own White House” drawing page - Draw and label the rooms
• Informational paragraph writing page – use Close Reading Worksheet as springboard
• Sample informational paragraph included - may also be used for handwriting practice