PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
The Fly Swat Sight Word Game is a fun way for students to recognise and learn high frequency words in the early years of school.
- Print flies onto cardstock. For colour flies, print onto white cardstock. For black and white version, print flies onto coloured paper (TIP: use a different colour for each set for easy recognition and storage)
- Cut out flies and laminate for durability.
- Spread flies out on the table / floor.
- Using a flyswat (BIG W sell a 3pack for $3), smack a fly. Read the word on the fly. If you are correct, you keep the fly; if you are wrong, the fly goes back onto the playing surface
- Continue until all the flies have been swatted and caught.
This set includes 15 of the most common sight words students learn in the first years of schooling. Words included in this pack are:
an, be, come, did, for, going, here, little, said, see, this, us, we, went, with
You can purchase more sets of my Sight Word activities in my TPT store, or purchase them as a BUNDLE and save $$$!