This focus wall is geared towards early learners, specifically preschool and pre-k. It focuses our learning in six key areas: letter recognition, letter sound recognition, shapes, colors, numbers, and opposites. This resource contains everything you will need to create this wall, including the "Focus Board" sign.
Use this focus wall during circle/calendar time, as well as during small groups. Simply change out the cards as your students master the skills! I like to laminate and then use velcro for easy replacement.
Here is what is included:
- "Focus Board" Banner
- 6 headers: Letter, Letter Sound, Color, Number, Opposites, and Shape
- 26 Letter cards: The cards have both uppercase and lowercase versions.
- 11 color cards: A panda painting a picture depicts the color, and the color word is also included. These are available for: brown, red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, black, gray, and white.
- 156 beginning letter sound cards: each letter has 6 pictures, with the exception of X. There is one beginning picture card, with the rest being ending sounds.
- 9 Shape Cards: hexagon, circle, oval, square, rectangle, triangle, heart, star, diamond
- 11 Opposite cards: above/below, back/front, big/small, black/white, dirty/clean, open/closed, day/night, empty/full, happy/sad, in/out, and right side up/upside down.
- 21 Number cards: These cards are adorable! Kids are holding up signs with the numbers 0-20 on them.
The bulletin board I used was 16.5" x 16.5". If you do not have a bulletin board available, I recommend covering a wall with contact paper (it stays in tact better than paper). Then, place your focus board on that. Laminate and use velcro dots for durability.
Great compliments for this bulletin board are:
Beginning Letter Write the Room for the Whole Year
Opposites Unit for Pre-K/Kindergarten
Beginning Letter Sound Worksheets
Learning Colors Unit
My Colors Student Coloring Book
Colors Writing Center