Folk Art Portraits | Elementary Art Lesson
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This growing art lesson bundle provides high-quality, engaging, beautiful art lessons for students in grades k-5. Each lesson provides clear objects, visual art standards, step by step photos and teaching resources to accompany the lesson. Anyone can feel like an artist with these easy to follow artPrice $62.93Original Price $82.25Save $19.32
- Looking to get through a few lessons with your 3rd, 4th or 5th graders? Look no further! This little mini-bundle will help you do just that. _______________________________________________________________Happy Creating!Don't forget about the green ★ to follow my store to get notifications of new resPrice $18.02Original Price $26.50Save $8.48
- Portraits can be a difficult thing for some students to pick up. This bundle is a great starting point to help get those wheels turning! ______________________________________________Don't forget about the green ★ to follow my store to get notifications of new resources and freebies!For some of myPrice $11.05Original Price $16.00Save $4.95
Are you looking for a portrait or self portrait lesson that won’t intimidate your students and will keep them engaged the whole time? Well this folk art portrait lesson is perfect for almost all grade levels! In this lesson your students will learn about folk artist, Heather Galler who is best known for her bold black lines, her bright colors and colorful fun patterns! Heather’s style is not only eye catching but approachable for young artists. This lesson can be easily adapted to a self portrait, portrait for a biography unit, creating portraits of friends and classmates and so many more!
In this PDF, the lesson is broken down into clear and simple steps complete with full color photos demonstrating and explaining each step of the project. This lesson is great for students age 7-14 but really students of all ages (and hey, maybe some adults) can enjoy the fun and engaging style and process!
The digital pdf for this lesson includes:
- Step by step instructions with full color photos
- Lesson Objectives
- Artist background info on Heather Galler
- Supplies needed for each project
- Student work examples
- Helpful tips & tricks
For another one of my lessons, check out my Northern Lights Winter Landscapes Lesson!
Don't forget to check out my Elements of Art & Principles of Design bundle!
For more inspiration and info on new products, be sure to follow me on Instagram at @artwithmrs.e